Access to Information Act
The purpose of this manual is to stipulate the policy of Manage All, a private company, with regard to the promotion of access to information of members of the public as well as employees. The company’s policy complies with the requirements of the Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA), No 2 of 2000. The manual has been handed in at the Human Rights Commission.
2.1. Board of Directors
2.2. Management Committee
3.1 Board of Directors
- Execute functions and objectives in terms of Companies Act.
- Supervise compliance with FAIS and FICA Acts.
- Decide on buying and selling of property.
- Decide on extension or termination of business.
- Supervision and control over investments/shares.
- Supervision and control over funds.
- Supervision and control over fixed and business assets and insurance of assets.
3.2 Management Committee
- Execute Board decisions relating to compliance with FAIS/FICA.
- Execute Board decisions on marketing matters.
- Execute Board Decisions on financial matters.
- Execute Board decisions on personnel matters.
4. RECORDS KEPT BY THE COMPANY
- Financial books with original entries.
- Cashbooks, creditor’s ledger, debtor ledger, general ledger, petty cash book, sales journal, purchase journal and auxiliary ledger.
- Documentary evidence, bank statements, cost statements, creditors invoice and statements, debtors invoices and statements, proof of receipt of goods, journal proof, pay statements, purchase orders and invoices, salary registers, sales tax records, tax statements and assessments.
- Employee / Representative records
- Employee/representative expenses account, pay/commission statements, employee tax statements, Injury on duty records, personnel records, training records, retirement annuity fund records, medical aid membership records.
Statutory registration records
Annual statements, Registration certificate, deed of foundation, deed and statute, minutes, notice of meetings, branch registers and attendance registers of directors and officials.
Analysis and advice records, application for membership forms, personal information e.g. copies of ID document, membership number and medical aid option details, responsible representative details.
5. POSTAL ADDRESS
P O Box 42335
6. STREET ADDRESS
829 Rubenstein Drive
7. E-MAIL ADDRESS
8. INFORMATION OFFICIAL
All enquiries, requests or complaints relating to access to information can be addressed to the Managing Director at the above mentioned address or fax to 086 681 3670 or tel. 086 110 1368.
9. INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF LEGISLATION
Staff has access to the following information, namely:
- The company statute.
- Operational manuals e.g. grievance procedure, administrative procedure etc.
- Written particulars of employment or contract of employment.
- Monthly personal payslip.
- Certificate of service at termination of service.
Members of the public can request in writing access to the following information.
- Company registration.
- Proof of accreditation as health care broker.
- Proof of status as authorised Financial Service Provider.
- Proof of accreditation to market certain medical aid and funeral scheme products.
- Representative and key individual registers.
- Personal member file.
10. PROCEDURE TO REQUEST ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In order for a request of the company to be processed, the requester must comply with all the PAIA’s procedural requirements, which are as follows:
- The request form must be filled in.
- The form must be submitted to the information officer, by fax, email, post or hand.
- The request fee must be paid.
A letter will be sent to the requester notifying them of the outcome of the request.
A request to access any record held by the company that is not freely available in terms of section 51(2) of PAIA must be made to the information officer on the prescribed form.
The requester must give enough detail for the information officer to know which record is being requested. The requester has to indicate if they want an actual copy of the record, or whether they want to come to view it.
If the record is on computer the requester has to indicate whether the record has to be printed or provided in electronic form. The information officer or an official will help requesters who are not able to read or write to complete the request form.
All requests for information must be forwarded to the information official, i.e. Managing Director. The information official will then evaluate the request within 15 working days of receipt thereof and either approve or disapprove the request in writing.
The costs involved for copies of the requested information is payable by the employee or member of the public at the legally prescribed rates (see annexure A).
11. RIGHTS OF AN EMPLOYEE OR MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC IF A REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION IS DENIED
In terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act every employee or member of the public has the right to approach the Human Rights Commission if a request for information is denied.
12. HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION
The Human Rights Commission will make available a guide in every official language that will stipulate how the Promotion of Access to Information Act can be utilized by employees or members of the public to access information. The guide will be available at the offices of the Human Rights Commission.
The contact or address details of the Human Rights Commission are:
Tel : 021-426 2277 (Cape Town) / 011-484 8300 (Johannesburg)
Fax : 021-426 2875 (Cape Town) / 011-484 1360 (Johannesburg)
Postal Address (Cape Town)
P O Box 3563
Postal Address (Johannesburg)
Private Bag 2700
FEES APPLICABLE WHEN PROVIDING INFORMATION
|INFORMATION FORMAT COST PER UNIT|
|A-4 form from computer or electronic machine R 0,75 per page or part thereof|
|Hard Disk R 7,50 per disk|
|Compact disk R70,00 per disk|
|A-4 Transcription of visual image R40,00 per A-4 page or part thereof|
|Copy van visual images R60,00 per copy|
|Transcription of audio tape R20,00 per A-4 page or part thereof|
|Copy of van audio tape R30,00 per copy|
|Fee if execution of request take at least six hours. R50,00|
|Deposit on request R16,67|
|Finding and preparation of requested information R30,00 per hour|
|Postage if posted Real costs|